Join Anna and the ROTH Methods to discover the difference between starting and breaking…
The process of starting under saddle is one of the most impressionable times of a young horse’s life. If done correctly, you move smoothly into an ever-lasting partnership. If done incorrectly, you spend many hours, weeks, months, or even years figuring out their history and reassuring them of a non-violent future.
During this week you will learn and practice gentle communication methods. These methods are proven with positive results around the Globe in all equine disciplines. They are highly effective, safe and very efficient for not only young, un-started horses but also to reestablish a more cooperative relationship with mature horses as well.
Goals for students are to learn:
- Creating a successful program from the ground-up
- Reading individual horses varying in age, size, breed & background
- Starting young horses under saddle
- Demonstrating the starting of remedial horses
- Methods to start horses in 30 minutes or less!
- When to use a Round Pen &, more importantly, when not to use a Round Pen
- How to take the individual horse from the Round Pen to the arena/trail
- Creating a successful training program for the young horse
- How to solve your Round Pen issues/overcome challenging situations
- Bridging the gap from body language to rider!